Bluenose Curling Club members—be proud!
The Bluenose Curling Club has been recognized by the Nova Scotia Curling Association as Organization of the Year!
At the Nova Scotia Curling Association Congress and AGM, Harry Daemen, President of NSCA, highlighted many reasons our club has received this award:
- Stepping up to host championships (NS Men’s Qualifier, NS Provincial Wheelchair Curling Championship, Canadian Stick Curling Championship)
- Taking on leadership roles within the NSCA (Jim Nix as Championship Director, and Donalda Buckingham as Regional Director)
- Supporting the NSCA through President’s Calls and Regional meetings
- Hosting international spiels (Sobeys Slam 2007, 2008, and 2010)
- Working with our community (Ship Hector Spiel, raising funds for the United Way of Pictou County and Autism Pictou County)
- Promoting the sport of curling (Bluenose Rocks Novice Program, Curling 101, Little Rocks Program, Open House)
- Building our knowledge and credentials (Club Coach Clinics and Ice Technician Certification)
Hats off to all the hard work, enthusiasm, and talents of Bluenose Curling Club members!